Discover this delicious recipe of a salmon carpaccio marinated in fleur de sel, lemongrass, pickled red onion and mango-turmeric condiment.
This recipe is offered by the Italian Chef Denny Imbroisi, via his Instagram page. He a renowned Chef of 3 restaurants in Paris that you should visit when you are in Paris:
Follow his Instagram account for more recipes @dennyimbroisi ?
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 salmon fillet of 250g (1/2lbs)
- 2 lemongrass sticks
- 2 fresh mangoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric
- A lime
- A Kiwi
- 1 red onion
- A Thai green mango
- 1 green/red radish
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Mizuna sprouts (Japanese arugula)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mix together the lemongrass and fleur de sel. Cover the salmon fillet with this mixture. Cover with plastic film. Then leave to rest in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Peel the mango and cut it into small cubes. Peel the turmeric. Put the mango cubes or puree in a pan and heat with the turmeric for a few minutes. Blend everything together in a blender. Salt, pepper, add a drizzle of olive oil and the juice of 1 lime.
- Peel the kiwi, red onion, and the Thai green mango. Cut the kiwi into small cubes. Cut the green mango and the radish into thin strips using a mandolin. Cut the red onion into fine petals, place them in a bowl, add the white balsamic vinegar and cover with cling film.
- Microwave for 1 min to make the pickles. Drain the onions and put them in the fridge.
- Next, wash the salmon, then cut it into very thin slices using a good knife. You can optionally place the slices between 2 sheets of paper towel and flatten them using the bottom of a saucepan.
- On a plate, arrange the salmon carpaccio lengthwise, taking care to create volume. Place the rolled radish and Thai green mango slices, the kiwi cubes and the red onion pickles. Add a few dots of mango turmeric condiment. Finally add mizuna sprouts, a little fleur de sel and olive oil.