Make this Strawberry dulcey snack cake for your friends or family. Perfect cake to go with tea or coffee.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup valrhona dulcey 32% baking chocolate, halved
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quatered
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. grease & flour an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder & sea salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the brown sugar & butter.
- Then add the eggs one at a time until incorporated, followed by the vanilla extract.
- After, add the yogurt followed by the milk. beat until smooth.
- Then gradually add the flour mixture until batter comes together, about 60 seconds.
- Then, hold in the dulcey baking chocolate & strawberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Finally, bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. let cool to room temperature.
- To finish, dust with powdered sugar & serve your Strawberry dulcey snack cake!
Recipe and Pictures by Modest Marce.
Check out the difference between cast iron and porcelain here.