Recipe by Elizabeth Karmel. The preparation time for the Cowboy Steak with Whiskey butter is 45 minutes. It serves 4 people. Featuring any Basalt plate. We recommend the Basalt steak plate.
Bone-in ribeye steaks
1 pound each and at least 1-inch thick
parsley,chopped for garnish
- Allow meat to come to room temperature about 20 minutes before grilling.
- Wrap meat in paper towels to get rid of excess moisture. Just before grilling, brush both sides of the steaks with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place steaks directly over medium high heat for about 5 minutes. Turn steak and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes for medium rare. Remove the steaks from the grill and allow to rest at least 5 minutes but no longer than 10 before serving.
- Combine 2 sticks of unsalted butter, 1 shallot minced soaked in 3 teaspoons of Jack Daniels, 3 teaspoons minced parsley½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard salt and pepper. Mix well. On a piece of Saran Wrap, drop butter in spoonfuls to form a log. Roll butter in plastic wrap and smooth out to form a round log. Refrigerate until hard and easy to cut into pieces. Keep in the freezer for a month and the refrigerator up to a week. Serves 4.
- Cut the cold compound butter into four generous slices. Serve the Cowboy Steak With whiskey butter. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
RECIPE BY ELIZABETH KARMEL